Do I have to file the FBAR?

The FBAR (aka FinCEN Form 114) is a form that US citizens who hold “monetary” assets outside the US must submit each year.  This form doesn’t go to the IRS, but to the Department of the Treasury, typically on a different due date (***check the instructions***). There are no tax consequences to filing this form.  … [Read more…]